Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Infinity Scarf and Another Dog Sweater

So I got into my yarn.  (I have a TON of yarn, it could fill a closet if I organized it and put it in one place)  And a Mixed Fiber Polyester/Acrylic Uber soft yarn spoke tome, and told me to make an Infinity Scarf.  SOOO here's what I came up with.



The Yarn is REALLY fine.
 I used a size F hook.




The Scarf is twisted
Like a Mobius Strip








This is not from a pattern

And what it looks like on.

And After the first Dog Sweater I made, I decided to make another one.  That's improved.  And I discovered that even after making the improved one, it also needed more improving.  So I made a third one, this is the third one, the 2nd isn't worth sharing.  So improvements:  As cute as the button and strap was, it wasn't praticle.  It stayed shut, but The "Arm" holes were too big, and floppy and movement caused my dog to get his legs caught in other holes they shouldn't be.  SO I switched to a pull over style.  BUT the acrylic yarn didn't give well for pullover style... It stretched, but didn't shrink back at all.  AND FINALLY I decided to make it out of cotton yarn.  After 2 days, He is still wearing it and hasn't had any problems with legs getting stuck in same arm hole, or one in his neck hole... And any stretching is more evenly distributed.  And best of all, when I wash it, it will shrink a bit more, and all the stretching from his moving/running won't make it fit all woggo.  So... Before I continue to ramble and ramble at 1:30 in the morning... The pictures.

This is not from a pattern



No comments:

Post a Comment